Wednesday, September 26, 2012

letter

I was asked to write a letter to the hospital in which my son died. This letter was to thank the hospital for their work in organ transplantation.

I was glad to write the letter, to share our experience.  It's the only positive thing I can point to in Paul's death; that his donation gave some people longer, healthier lives.  

But it's always hard to re-write the hospital experience and why he was in there.  Fall is coming, anyway, looking to the 7th anniversary of his death.

My feelings are jumbled.  The emptiness is gaping, the hole will never be filled.  There is a huge place in my heart and my life that can be filled only by Paul. And he is gone.

But as he did in life, he helped others in his death, and so I can be proud that he was that type of person.

So I told our story, thanked the hospital, and said a prayer for those whose lives he helped.

No comments: